Career Development – 2015 Call for FCT Investigator Grants
The Center for International Studies (CEI-IUL) announces that Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia opened the call for recruitment of researchers holding a PhD degree. Within this call, CEI-IUL welcomes proposals included in its three lines of research and regional areas of interest.
The proposal and an updated CV should be submitted by e-mail to the Scientific Committee of the CEI-IUL until September 4 to the following address: email@example.com
Three types of FCT Investigator Grants:
- Starting Grant – aimed at researchers with more than three years and less than eight years post-PhD experience at the time of application. Previous experience of scientific independence is not required;
- Development Grant – aimed at researchers with a curriculum of exceptional merit and experience as an independent researcher;
- Consolidation Grant – aimed at researchers with experience as an independent researcher, with a curriculum of exceptional merit and evidence of scientific leadership in a specific area of knowledge.
Within this call, CEI-IUL welcomes proposals to be integrated in its regional areas of interest – Africa, Asia, Europe and Transatlantic Relations – and Research Groups:
. Institutions, Governance and International Relations
. Societal Challenges
. Economics and Globalization
Portuguese and non-Portuguese researchers can apply provided that they:
– have at least three years of research work after completing their PhD;
– integrate their work programmes into the framework of CEI-IUL’s Research Groups;
– have a record of relevant scientific publication.
Proposals that identify possibilities of future applications within the framework of Horizon 2020, through its pillars Societal Challenges (Collaborative Projects), Excellent Science (European Research Council and Marie Sklodwska-Curie Actions) and other horizontal activities (Science with and for Society) will be welcomed.
How to apply
The proposals must be submitted by e-mail to the Scientific Committee of the CEI-IUL to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference FCT Investigator 2015. The proposal must include:
. a detailed CV
. a cover letter describing the candidate research interests and stating the research group chosen
. a work plan following the FCT model
. Proposals must be submitted to CEI-IUL until September 4, 5PM
. Decisions will be communicated to the candidates by e-mail until September 10.
. Successful candidates shall then submit their proposals to FCT until September 15
Any other information can be obtained at
More information about the call on the FCT website