The Centre of International Studies (CEI) at Iscte – University Institute of Lisbon (Portugal) announces the opening of a competition for 1 postdoctoral contract in the area of African Studies or related fields. The position is part of ERC Starting Grant “AfDevLives: The Afterlives of Development Interventions in Eastern Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique)” (Ref. 101041788), hosted by CEI-Iscte and led by Dr. Yonatan N. Gez.
Scientific area: African Studies or related fields
The competition is open between 1 October and 20 November 2023 (midnight). Applications and supporting documents will be submitted by email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Incoming applications will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. To minimize communication problems, candidates are encouraged to make sure that their application has indeed been received and acknowledged.
2. Type and duration of the grant
The selected candidate will be hired for 18 months, with the possibility of renewal up to a total of 36 months. The contract will start by 1 March 2024, with some flexibility and preference for an early starting date. In the case of candidates arriving from outside Portugal, the date of relocation to Lisbon may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Specific questions may be addressed to the project’s PI, Dr. Yonatan N. Gez (email@example.com).
3. Necessary requirements:
• Academic training of relevance to the position (e.g., African studies, social anthropology, development studies…)
• Readiness to relocate to Lisbon and to conduct multiple fieldwork rounds in Tanzania (with possibility for additional fieldwork in Kenya and Mozambique)
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Excellent knowledge of English and at least basic knowledge of Swahili
Please check the complete call here.